Heights PTO Board 2019-2020
Yuzhu L (Julia)
HEIGHTS PTO MISSION
Heights Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) provides a wonderful opportunity for parents to work with the administration and staff to provide the most engaging and well-round learning environment for our students
What we do:
- Sponsor educational programming- every student participates- we work with teachers to bring in various programs for each grade, as well as school-wide programs.
- foster community & school spirit through social events (grade pizza parties, movie nights, ice cream social)
- run teacher appreciation events
- purchase & sustain the school with enhancements like the playground, garden, mural
- provide mini-grants & stipends to teachers to develop their curriculum and classrooms
- purchase items for the school not in the school budget (like the laminator, recess equipment)
- Provide special funding for the specials- art, music, gym, technology & library
- The PTO works hand-in-hand with staff to promote philanthropic efforts (like raising money for Texas schools impacted by Hurricane Harvey).